Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pregnant Ladies Loves Them Some Fish Tacos!

Today Kenny and I went to lunch at El Chilito, because I had a hankering for some fish tacos. I think this was just a desire for them that stems from my love of fish tacos rather than my being pregnant. This didn't feel like the chocolate craving, when I felt like I would die if I didn't get some chocolate. I think I'm learning to distinguish cravings from just plain wanting some tasty food.
Anyway, we headed off to El Chilito, a little taco stand on the East Side, for some fish tacos. Yum! As we stood in line, I noticed that the woman in front of us in line was pregnant, probably 5-6 months along. Then, a couple of moments later, another woman who looked to be about 9 months pregnant came up behind us in line. That made three pregnant women in one very tiny taco stand. There must be something about pescado tortillado or conchinita con pibil that just makes them come running. Or it could be the fresh limonada. Whatever it was, there were quite a few preggos there. I remarked to Kenny that I think fish tacos are going to be my "pregnant food." Yes, I know, I have to watch out for fish because of mercury levels, but I'm allowed 2-3 servings of fish per week. I guarantee you that one of those servings will be in the form of fish tacos!

No comments: