Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kenny is pregnant, too!

So they say that men sometimes get sympathetic pregnancy symptoms when their wives are pregnant. I think Kenny is experiencing this, and in fact, I think he was experiencing as soon as we found out I was pregnant and before I even experienced symptoms. It all started with the stupidity symptom. On my birthday, I asked Kenny to make some paella for me. He proceeded to make a recipe he found, and then "tweak" it Kenny-style. This involved quadrupling the rice that the recipe called for, without adjusting the water OR the size of the pan!! Thankfully, my pregnancy stupidity had not yet set in, and I told him we needed to separate it into more than one container before we wound up with an oven full of paella. I can imagine Kenny standing in front of the overflowing oven, shaking his hands at it, yelling "What am I supposed to do with all this paella?!" 3 baking dishes later, crisis averted. But it was still dumb.
Symptom number 2, and perhaps my most prevalent, is fatigue. He has been complaining for the last month that he's tired. Part of it could be that his sleep patterns are disrupted by him getting up to study at 4am. My sleep patterns are disturbed, but that has more to do with the frequent need to pee at all hours of the night. Anyway, Kenny is always tired, regardless of the fact he has adopted my pregnancy sleep schedule: in bed by 9pm, awake at 7am.
As long as Kenny's chest doesn't grow by a cup size and his waist doesn't grow with mine, I guess we're ok.

1 comment:

The Texan Transplant said...

i thought i'd posted about the paella, but it should be duly noted here that had i actually followed cindy's advice (and not tweaked it 'kenny-style'), i would have added waaay too much chicken broth, and the whole concoction would have boiled over the lids of the pans and spilled all over the oven floor.