Sunday, March 25, 2007

Waiting on the doctor is rough...

So I like my new ob/gyn group a lot. They're very focused on pregnancy care, rather than just your typical gynecology practice that just happens to have a couple of preggos as patients. On our first visit, they gave us some great reading materials. The nurse who took my vitals and medical history was great, too. I didn't get to meet the doctor--that happens this coming Tuesday. My only complaint is that they don't do any sort of ultrasound until the 12th week, and even then it's only done if you order the sequential testing (which we probably will). I just can't imagine why they'd want to wait so long to take a peek! I guess they assume that either everything is going great, or there's nothing they can do if it's not. The waiting is tough. I am a bit over 8 weeks pregnant now, so we have another 4 weeks to go until we get that ultrasound. But I guess that will be one very exciting appointment. Not only do we get to see the baby, we also get to hear the heartbeat. Little Chicklet already has a four-chambered heart that's pumping quite a bit of blood. It'll be really exciting to finally hear it.

No comments: