Sunday, March 4, 2007

The wait is absolutely killing me...

Every day, actually several times a day, Kenny comes up with another possible way to tell his parents about Chicklet. I don't think we've found the perfect delivery method yet, but we have another 5 weeks to get it right. As for my parents, we have just under two weeks before we share the news. I'm not really sure how we'll do it. What I do know is that I really want to get it on video. I like the idea of using my "knocked up" t-shirt.

What's harder than trying to figure out how to tell my parents is waiting to do so. First of all, it's just exciting to tell them and we can't wait. But the wait is especially difficult for me because I really want to pump my mom for information on her pregnancy. I'm pretty sure I remember her telling me that she never had morning sickness, so as I'm starting week 6 with no sign of it just yet, I'm still holding out hope that I'll escape from that. I also remember her telling me that she generally felt great while she was pregnant, with fatigue as her only symptom. Although it's still early for me, I have yet to see any other symptoms (other than fatigue) emerge. I did have that weird chocolate craving during my 3rd week. I'm also thinking that the frequent bathroom trips are due to my increased fluid intake. It subsided last week, and I think that has to do with my body getting adjusted to me drinking more water. So really I'm only having fatigue issues. I can certainly deal with that. I enjoy having a good excuse to go to bed early and take naps!

Anyway, I really wish I had paid attention to her pregnancy stories back when she told me the first time around. Now I have to wait for two weeks. On top of that, our first doctor visit isn't until March 14, which is only 2 days before we go up to see my parents. Although all of the reading material we've picked up has been great, it's not quite the same as talking to a doctor, or even better, your own mom.

No comments: