Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Distractions

for the most part, Chicklet's impending arrival is a wonderful concentration device. i've posted this before, but knowing that a baby's on the way really kicks your work output into high gear (it did for me at least). but every once in a while i find myself daydreaming about Chicklet while i'm working, and it's a wonderful distraction. just now, for instance, i set myself up down in the computer lab at school to do some renderings before my next class when i decided that i would not be able to work any further unless i had a nice cold can of coke sitting next to the keyboard. so i got up and went to the coke machine, and as i stood there feeding it my dollar i heard it's innards rumble and knew that the rock hard can of carbonated beverage was rocketing its way towards the delivery tray at warp speed. thinking of the day that my child, barely able to walk, will be standing next to me, fascinated by this glorious machine that delivers drinks he/she will not be allowed to drink, i made a mental note to warn Chicklet to keep his hands away from the opening until after the can arrives. and it made me smile.

No comments: