Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chicklet continues to move

Chicklet has continued to make its presence felt in my belly. It was really, really active this weekend as we were sitting on the couch watching TV. The movements are still very light, but definitely distinct baby movements. I got popped pretty well Sunday night--so hard that it made me laugh out loud. Kenny is dying for the day that he'll be able to feel the movements from the outside, but I think we're a little ways off from that still. Maybe a few more weeks. I'm thoroughly enjoying each little movement, though. Sometimes I go through my day forgetting that there's something alive inside me, and all it takes is a little kick to make me remember (and make me smile).
Kenny talks to the baby every night (and sometimes sings!) now that it can hear. I'm sure that it will start responding to his voice soon as it learns who Daddy is, and maybe give a little kick in response. This is certainly a more enjoyable stimulus for Chicklet than my poking it to encourage movement. Maybe it will learn that if it kicks for Daddy's voice, Mommy won't poke it. I'm so mean!

No comments: