Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stroller Shopping...I win!!

Kenny and I had a big weekend this past Memorial Day weekend. We went house hunting and found a great house in Allendale (keep your fingers crossed!), stroller shopping, and car shopping. We haven't settled on a new car yet, but I think we're leaning towards a Honda Accord. As for stroller shopping, we battled it out with each other in Babies R Us between the Graco Metrolite and the Peg Perego something-something. I guess I should learn the name since that's the one I liked. Kenny was all about the Graco. He was particularly impressed with its one-handed collapse, its cup holders, and the storage area beneath the stroller. I will concede that these features are better than the same features on the Peg Perego. The Peg takes two hands to fold, you have to order the cup holders separately, and the storage area is not as large nor is it as accessible. However, this stroller is significantly lighter, slimmer, and way more stylish. It could even double as a jogging stroller, from what I understand.

We sat in the store for a good thirty minutes, most of which were just spent trying to figure out how the damn things fold and unfold, and how the child seat hooks in. Between us, Kenny and I have five degrees. You'd think we could figure this stuff out on our own. Instead, a pimply-faced kid came and showed us how everything works. Thanks, kid. Once we had the various folding techniques down, we put the stollers side-by-side, folded them, unfolded them, took them around sharp corners (Kenny is very concerned with the stroller's ability to take corners at high speeds. I'm not sure what he plans to do with Chicklet that will involve this set of circumstances, but I guess there's no harm in making sure the stroller can handle whatever we throw at it). We argued for a few minutes about the various virtues of each stroller, but I eventually pulled the mom/wife/pregnant lady card and informed Kenny that the Peg Perego will be our new stroller. He continues to argue with me somewhat, but I know that deep down, he knows that he's been defeated.

1 comment:

Wintermute said...

defeated is a word that kenny ought to be used to by now.