Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chicklet's on the move!

As Kenny's earlier post noted, Chicklet decided to make its presence known this weekend in between graduation ceremonies. We were eating lunch at Vivo's, when I felt what I thought was a muscle spasm in my belly. It stopped, then started again just a few seconds later, and then I realized what it was. I felt it again later, actually during Kenny's graduation, but that time if felt more like flutters. Chicket was pretty quiet on Sunday, but then Monday, as I was laid over in
Chicago, I ate a pack of lifesavers and Chicklet popped into action about 20 minutes later. It gave me a couple of light pops in my belly, which were unmistakably baby movements. Over the past week, I've continued to feel flutters, though not every day. Today Chicklet did it during a conference call with a potential new client, which was distracting, but I guess I can't really complain.
Meanwhile, in beer-belly world, I made a very bad clothing decision this morning. I wore some pre-maternity jeans. I could have sworn that over past two days, my belly has actually shrunk. I could even suck it in enough that it was almost flat (although doing this for longer than 5 seconds made me want to pass out)! So I thought that maybe I could get away with wearing my jeans to work today. They're fairly low-rise, and hit about halfway down my belly. This was a very, very bad idea. While my belly may have indeed shrunk over the past two days, it did not shrink enough to get back into these jeans. I spent most of my day sitting behind my desk with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped. I even had to explain to the partner I work for that I would have to sit in on the conference call with my button undone. Thankfully he just laughed. Needless to say, tomorrow I will be back in maternity pants. But this whole belly-shrinking thing is really annoying! I actually felt last weekend like I had a little something to show for being pregnant. Instead, I just have a small beer gut and a disappearing waist line. Even though my belly isn't big, I've still managed to put on 7 pounds since I got pregnant. I'm weighing in at 132 as I start into my 18th week. I guess that's pretty good. Just so you know, I'm still wearing my jeans as I write this. They are unbuttoned and unzipped.

1 comment:

Wintermute said...

i tried the same thing at worked. i was warned that if i did it again, i would be fired.