Friday, May 25, 2007

I dream of Chicklet

Pregnancy brings about all kinds of bizarre dreams. I frequently have dreams about Chicklet, which I thoroughly enjoy (except for the one where he came out at 12 years old). Last night, I was graced with another dream in which I got to visit with our baby, and the dream was normal enough that I woke up in a really great mood, feeling like I had bonded with the baby in my belly. As in all of my dreams, Chicklet appeared as a boy. He just sort of appeared- I didn't actually give birth. He also showed up about 4 months early, although he was perfectly healthy and fine. I was just a bit frantic because I didn't have a stroller, car seat, or anything for him other than a blanket to swaddle him in. We went to a restaurant with friends, and I remember holding him in the car. He was very giggly, and smiled at me when I looked at him. It was extremely cool, and a really great dream. I hope I at least have a few dreams where Chicklet is a girl. I'm afraid that because of my dreams I identify with Chicklet as a boy too much, and may have trouble adjusting to the idea of a girl if that's what appears in November.

No comments: