Wednesday, October 3, 2007

There's nothing that's gets a father-to-be in gear faster than...

...hearing the doctor say "Ok, it'll be any day now."

Today we had yet another doctor appointment (our 36 week appointment) to check on the status of things. The doctor checked me out and said I've started to dialate just slightly, and that it really could be any day now. Kenny looked at her with eyes the size of golf balls, swallowed audibly, and said "Did you say 'any day?'" She confirmed this, and he suddenly realized why I've been nagging at him to finish putting the house together. I'm sure that Chicklet won't make her grand appearance for another few weeks, but nonetheless I appreciated the swift kick in the butt the doctor delivered to Kenny in terms of needing to get things in order just in case.

No comments: