Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Way to go, tilted uterus!

So I had my first "real" doctor visit this afternoon where I finally got to meet my new ob/gyn, Dr. Smith. She is WAY better than my old doc, who never even listened to my heart or breathing when I'd go in for an exam. My visit was short, but Dr. Smith stayed to answer all of my questions without making me feel like she had somewhere else to be (unlike my former doc). The visit was overall really good. I've only gained 2 pounds, my blood pressure is nice and low (110/60) and all of my blood work from the last visit came back normal. Good news all around! The only thing I've been all ticked off about is that we don't get an ultrasound until 12 weeks, but today I got a pleasant surprise. As Dr. Smith examined me, she determined that because my uterus is tilted towards the back of my abdomen (called a "retroverted uterus") she couldn't tell if it was the right size for my 8 week 4 day pregnancy. So she said I had a choice between a rectal exam (yuck) or an ultrasound (yay!), so of course I chose the ultrasound option. So now we're on the calendar for 8am tomorrow morning. I called Kenny to tell him the good news, and of course he freaked out because he thought something was wrong. Once he calmed down, I think it really hit him that this is real. I said, "Kenny, we get to see the baby tomorrow!" He just said "Oh my god." I can't wait to see what his reaction is tomorrow when we see Chicklet for the first time. I think I'll drink a little OJ before we go, to encourage some acrobatics from Chicklet :)

No comments: