Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sadly, not much new to report...

So we had yet ANOTHER doctor's visit today- my 39-week visit. I was sincerely hoping that I wouldn't make it to this visit before going into labor, but now I guess all I can sincerely hope for is that I don't make it to the next one. Nothing has really changed in the world of dilation. I've progressed another .5 cm in the past week. Yippee. On a positive note, the baby's head is much lower than it was last time. She's measuring at the minus 1 station now, which didn't mean anything to me until I saw it on a chart. Her head is just about even with my hip joints, which might explain the significantly increased hip pain I've felt over the past week and the waddle-walk I've recently adopted.
Towards the end of the visit (after she said "see you next week," which made my heart sink), I pleaded with her as to whether there was anything we could do to speed this process up so I wouldn't have to be induced. The only thing she suggested was sex...apparently the thing that got us into this situation can also get us out. I've been reading up on all the other "natural" labor induction techniques, and that one by far sounds like the best one. The others involve drinking nasty oils, ingesting questionable herbs, and doing things that generally would upset even the most stable digestive tracts. At this point next week, I'm sure I'll be willing to try them all. Hopefully we won't have to!

No comments: